Organizations involved in international trade must remain up to date on current laws, regulations, and proposed amendments. Our public policy and advocacy professionals monitor the key regulatory and legislative areas for potential changes affecting our clients. We help clients identify opportunities to shape current discussions and craft messages and strategies to inform decision-makers. Thomsen and Burke LLP also drafts whitepapers, presentation materials, proposed regulations and legislation, and industry papers for clients to effectively communicate their positions. Whether interacting with advisory committees, standards organizations, or administrative agencies, our attorneys and staff adapt our service offering to the needs of our clients.
We provide legislative advocacy before Congress, including:
- Drafting testimony for presentation to Congressional committees
- Analyzing legislation currently pending before Congress
- Tracking and reporting with respect to legislative developments
- Facilitating lobbying efforts by corporations and trade associations
We represent clients before Regulatory Advisory Committees, including:
- Regulations & Procedures Technical Advisory Committee (Commerce Department)
- Defense Trade Advisory Group (State Department)
- Information Systems Technical Advisory Committee (Commerce Department)
- Counseled a trade association in obtaining relaxation of export controls on cryptography
- Represented companies with respect to reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States, including related export and security clearance issue
For more information, please contact Roz Thomsen.